Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Chicken and Broccoli Casserole

Yes, yes, I know.  It's been just about forever since I've posted here.  Although the morning sickness is totally gone for me, it's been a challenge to write lately because of busyness and just plain tiredness.  I'm turning over a new leaf, though.  I've been planning multiple posts in my mind and just need to sit down and write it out!

Here is a recipe that I've been meaning to post for a while now.  While my husband was newly home from the hospital, we had many meals brought to us by the lovely ladies of our church.  Here was one of my favorites from Pat--an easy meal that freezes really well.  When I make it, I plan on doing a double, or possibly triple batch to load up the freezer.

Chicken and Broccoli Casserole


2 boxes instant wild rice mix (such as Uncle Ben's)--cooked
4 chicken breasts--cooked and diced
10 oz. frozen chopped broccoli--defrosted
1/2 onion, chopped (optional)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded cheese (your choice)

Put cooked rice in the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole.  Sprinkle onion and broccoli on top of rice.  Put chicken on top of broccoli.  Mix the two soups together and spread over chicken.  Sprinkle cheese on top.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

1 comment: