Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Pancake Problem

I don't know if you have this problem or not, but every time I make pancakes I overshoot a little.  Inevitably I make enough batter for 5-10 too many pancakes.  They never do well in the refrigerator for reheating...they just get soggy.  What's a frugal girl to do?

My friend, Christine suggested this solution.  Freeze any leftover pancakes and reheat them as needed during the week in the toaster.  I'm happy to say, after a few surplus freezes, we had plenty for a weekday fast breakfast.  We tried it this morning and the pancakes were crisp on the edges and tasty.  It was a great tip for a fast breakfast that even the kids can make.

2 comments:

  1. I make double or triple (even quadruple) batches for this purpose. Works great for waffles and french toast, too. I LOVE it. Now, if you have just a few left over, you might also consider one of my favorite snacks. Spread a little peanut butter over cold pancake. Roll up. Eat, enjoy. Leave the guilt behind! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same thing! I will mix up the entire box of waffle or pancake mix intentionally, so that I can freeze the rest. I lay them out individually on my pizza pan (the kind with holes in it) and bake for about 10 minutes. I like them a little crispy so they aren't too soggy when you put the syrup on. Makes for a quick breakfast when I'm a little groggy at 6:30am!

      Delete