Wednesday, February 1, 2012

For those of you with a Swiffer Wet Jet...

A few years ago, I finally bit the bullet and bought a Swiffer Wet Jet.  There are some things I like about it, but there are some real financial negatives about it, too. (batteries??? in a mop???  seriously???).

If you love your Swiffer and need a way to cheapen it up a bit, consider this.  I recently saw at the Dollar Tree in the cleaning stuff section that they had small, rectangular microfiber cloths.  They were roughly the size of the super expensive pads that I needed to buy again soon, so I got some and decided to try it out.

They come by twos, so of course, that makes them fifty cents each.  They stuck just as well as the pads, and did a great job of cleaning!  Plus, they're washable!  These washable pads are probably about the same price as the disposable ones, or possibly cheaper if you buy the pads at full price.

I've seen that the Dollar Tree also carries the dry, disposable cloths for sweeping as well.  Search around the Dollar Tree...there are great deals to be had if you're a clever shopper.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea. Re-usable microfiber cloths are a blessing. They are one of the best cleaning investments that I've made. They blow the "disposable" wipes away with what they can hold and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use our swiffer once a week. It is SO wasteful but it really does the job cleaning the floors. We have 4 dogs and 2 toddlers so our floors get pretty dirty. I will have to check out those pads. That sounds much more affordable and better for our environment!

    ReplyDelete