Friday, February 10, 2012

Extreme Leftover Makeovers . . . . Part One

by Christine

Last night's chili stares me in the face.  While delicious the night before, the cold lump of gooeyness is not particularly appetizing right now.  I could merely reheat last night's meal, and serve it for the second time in a row . . . or I could get creative.  Tonight, I choose the high ground . . . I will use my creativity for the domestic purpose of stretching leftovers from their original form and transforming them into a new creation.

Tonight's plan is simple.  Boil some shell pasta.  After the pasta is cooked and drained, mix in some of the chili remains from last night.  Spread the mixture in a casserole dish (it already looks and smells better).  Top with a generous helping of shredded cheese.  Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 to 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until heated through.  Dinner Complete. 

(If you were a real domestic hero, you could make some veggies and some bread - tonight, I'm lucky to get dinner on the table!!!)

Now, how do you get creative and make something new from something old?

1 comment: