Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Review of Grainberry Bran Flakes...

Okay, I don't consider myself much of an organic shopper (although in my wildest financial dreams I often am!), but I tried a cereal from the organic section lately.  I have to say, a lot of the 'natural' cereals taste something like tree bark, but I was really impressed with this one.  It was the Grainberry Bran Flakes.

The cereal box is full of how much antioxidant power the flakes contain...supposedly much more than other bran flakes.  It was all really impressive, but that doesn't hold much water if it tastes terrible.  However, I'm pleased to say that the kids and I (my hubby is an anti-bran man!) really enjoyed it.  In fact, it was so good that we didn't feel the need to add any fruit to sweeten it up.  It just tasted really yummy!The flakes were crisp and tasted almost like they had molasses in them.  They were also light, which is kind of a rarity with the healthy bran flakes.

Here's the kicker...there was a $1.00 off coupon in the newspaper recently, so along with the sale Meijer was running, I got the box for $1.50.  That's a pretty great price for a healthy cereal.  It also has $4.00 worth of coupons inside the box for other miscellaneous Grainberry products, which I will definitely be trying.  I bought the Apple Cinnamon cereal last week at the store, so I'll keep you updated!

By the way...no one paid me for this endorsement!

2 comments:

  1. I've always wondered about them. It's good to know, because I'll probably try them. (My hubby is anti-bran also!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's worth a try. I'll have to scope out the coupon!

    ReplyDelete