Friday, December 16, 2011

Other Apple Uses...

I know you all probably have your own stock of apple recipes...especially apple desserts, but here at my house, we have several non-recipe-requiring uses for apples.



Obviously, we do a lot of apple eating.  My 4- and 6- year old are pretty good at getting to the core.  We also love to chop peeled apple and add it into our morning oatmeal.  Simple baked apples with a cinnamon stick inside are wonderful, too, and it really warms up your house on a nippy day.

Once your apples are starting to get bruised up or grainy, we love to make applesauce or apple butter out of them.  I'm going to post a great cranberry apple butter recipe some time soon, too.

How about you?  Do you have any other uses for your apples that we haven't covered?

2 comments:

  1. Apples, apples, apples . . . oh, how I love apples. I love to cut up and cook apples on the stove with some spices and brown sugar. I love it when the apples stay in chunks, and then at the end, I put in a little storebought applesauce to vary the texture. The whole house ends up smelling like apple pie. YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do apples dipped in peanut butter. Apples dipped in Nutella. Apples dipped in caramel sauce. Apples sliced thinly and layered with crackers and/or cheese when making our "lunchables".

    ReplyDelete