Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Double Apple Crumble

Here's one of my go-to recipes that I've had since I got married.  I love to pitch in a few plumped up raisins with the apples, and if I happen to have a few walnuts or pecans on hand, I love to chop them finely and add them into the topping.  This is a good flexible recipe...hope you like it!

Double Apple Crumble


Fruit:
3 medium Gala, Regent, or Braeburn apples, peeled and sliced
3 medium Rome or Granny Smith apples, peeled, and thinly sliced
2 Tbs. sugar
1 Tbs. flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ginger or nutmeg

Topping:
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ginger or nutmeg
2 Tbs. margarine or butter

Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray square baking dish with cooking spray, or grease with margarine.  In large bowl, combine fruit mix; toss to coat.  Spoon evenly into sprayed baking dish, pressing gently.  In medium bowl, combine all topping ingredients except margarine; mix well.  Cut in margarine.  Sprinkle topping over fruit.  Bake at 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. This is a lot like my apple crisp. What is the difference between a crisp and a crumble???

    ReplyDelete