Monday, November 28, 2011

Being Thankful

We had a lovely, restful Thanksgiving here in our house.  I was thinking of this blog through all the cooking of the meal, and now the leftovers, and I was overwhelmed by the bounty that we have.

I know that the focus of this blog is largely on economy and how to make due with less, and recipes that are cost-effective, but still yummy.  There's a great need for learning how to cook and live within a tight budget.  I know what it's like to come home from the store frustrated in the little amount we have to make due with.  I know what it's like to not want to go shopping because you can't afford much.  I understand what it feels like to put something back on the shelf because you can't afford it.  I get it...I understand.

With all that said, I was amazed at how much bounty my family, and probably every reader of this blog had for the holidays.  Much as we need to be careful of how we spend, we are still blessed with so much!  When I feel discouraged with our money issues, I'm going to look back to how good God has been and continues to be to us!  There's a difference between needing to economize and being in real need.  Most of us Americans, regardless of budget, rarely see hunger or need.  We really do live in the bounty of God's goodness...whether we can spend unlimited money at the store or not.

2 comments: