Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me...

As you may have guessed, yesterday was my birthday.  I am now officially ******-***!  Now normally, my birthday would have nothing whatsoever to do with cooking or frugality or soups or anything I'd usually be covering.  I have to tell you what my very smart hubby (via my very smart Mom-in-law) gave me for my birthday...an immersion blender!

Hot dog.  I am beyond excited!  What a perfect time of year to receive such a fantastic gift...just imagine how easy it will be for me to smooth out soups and sauces and gravies.  If I were a very popular blogger, I would take this opportunity to offer a free immersion blender to a lucky reader, but since I am instead a poor, modestly-followed blogger, I'll suffice with just telling you all about it.  You should get one...anything a blender can do, an immersion blender can do with less to wash.  Thanks, Andy!  You made my day!

2 comments:

  1. They work really fast! Be careful the first time you use it or everything will be liquid! Nancy L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy birthday, to YOU!!!!

    My ultimate cooking guru, Alton Brown, suggests cutting a (clean) frisbee (an old circular ice cream lid would work) so that there is a hole in the middle. Put the immersion blender through the hole as a splatter gaurd. Wash in dishwasher after use. Viola - no mess!

    This may be on my Christmas list (the blender, not the frisbee)!

    Again, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete