Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Welcome to Susan!

I'd like to say a big welcome to our new contributor, Susan!

I've known her for many years, and she's a pro at cooking delicious, nutritious food for a budget.  In fact, she says she feeds her family of seven for $250 per month.  Wow!  That's pretty amazing...

Some things she does to economize?  They eat a lot of deer meat, she grows and cans her own vegetables, and makes use of their three apple trees.  I know not everyone has the space or ability to save in this way, but she's got great recipes and tips that just about anyone could learn to save with.  In fact, right now she is already putting aside $5-$10 worth of food a week for the upcoming holiday season, so it's not such a big hit all at once.  I never would have planned that far ahead, but what a great idea!

I'll be posting some of her recipes and tips for her via email and facebook, since she does all her typing via phone.  The first will be on Friday, so tune in again!

Some other features that we've got coming up in the next few weeks...

Apple recipes
Pizza
Soups
Pumpkin recipes


These are all great money savers that just scream fall!  Get your recipes ready, and if you think you've got a keeper for the upcoming categories, email them to me at  crazycreativemag@gmail.com.  I'd love to have some more reader input!

1 comment:

  1. Susan - so glad to have your tips. I'll take all of them that I can.

    Hannah - sharing the spotlight - you're such a generous gal!

    ReplyDelete