Monday, September 26, 2011

Taco Beef Soup

Here is the first of our soup recipes.  There's still time to send me yours if you want to post.  Just type out your recipe and send it to me at crazycreativemag@gmail.com.

Posted by Susan:

This is an inexpensive soup to make, yet it is so filling! I love the garnishes for this soup and think it really makes it special. You can also use your choice of ground beef, venison, or turkey.  Give it a try!

Taco Beef Soup
1 pound ground beef (I use venison)
1/2 cup chopped onion (I prefer a whole onion)
1 1/2 cups water
1 can (16 oz) tomatoes (I use my canned tomatoes)
1 can (16 oz) can kidney beans (I use my canned kidney beans)
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 envelope taco seasoning mix or 1 recipe Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
shredded cheddar cheese
corn chips
sour cream

In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion until meat is browned; drain. Add water, un-drained tomatoes, un-drained beans, tomato sauce and taco mix. Simmer, covered for 15-20 mins. Put chips in bottom of bowl, ladle soup over chips and top with cheese and sour cream.♥

1 comment: