Monday, September 12, 2011

Peanut Butter Fudge

I want to start this post out by saying, "I'm so sorry, Christine, but I'm going to swipe the recipe you gave me and post it before you have a chance to do so yourself."  There...I feel a little better.

Our church had a bake sale recently to raise money for devotional books for the children.  It was really way too hot to turn the oven on, so I whipped up a batch of this amazing fudge, cut it into squares, wrapped them in wax paper packages, and decorated it with a pretty little ribbon.  They were sold out before I even had a chance to make it to the church door (that always makes you feel good!).

Here is my slightly adapted recipe, which I got from our contributor Christine, who got it from Alton Brown.  Try it out...it's amazingly easy and super delicious.

Peanut Butter Fudge

1 cup butter or regular stick margarine
1 cup peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3 to 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Microwave butter and peanut butter 2 minutes.  Stir and microwave 2 minutes more.  Add vanilla and sugar.  Stir to combine.  Pour into a buttered 8 x 8" pan lined with waxed paper.  Place a second piece over top and smooth it out.  Refrigerate until firm.  Store up to 1 week.

slightly adapted from Alton Brown

2 comments:

  1. What are good friends for, if we can't steal each others recipes??

    This is my favorite fudge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was drooling as soon as I read the title! My cousin used to make this all the time...it was his "trademark" dessert and highly desired by all. You are right about it being super easy to make! I plan on trying it RIGHT NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete