Monday, September 5, 2011

Grilled Mexican Chicken Rub

Okay, this recipe is what I use when I'm looking to make a more special burrito.  I used to do this pasty, dried ancho chile recipe to marinade the chicken until I improvised one day with some of my typical pantry spices.  In a burrito, no one could tell the difference!  I vowed then and there to forgo the more expensive dried chiles and their night-before preparation in favor of easy and cheap.  This would also work great on steak for burritos. 

Grilled Mexican Chicken Rub

1 Tbs. chili powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. cumin
pinch of black pepper

Mix the spices together and rub onto boneless skinless chicken breast (or steak).  Refrigerate a few hours if you can.  Immediately before grilling, add a sprinkle of salt to the meat.  Grill, then let rest a few minutes before cubing the meat for your burritos.

1 comment: