Friday, September 30, 2011

Carol's Minestrone Soup

Posted by Susan:

This soup is so good and besides having to fry up the hamburger, the crockpot does all the work.  If it's too warm in your home, plug the crockpot in at your garage or on your porch. Yet, on a cool day, I love the smells and the warmth that a crockpot offers. It makes your family aware that love is brewing in the crockpot.

Carol's Minestrone Soup


1 1/2 pound ground beef (I use ground vension)
onion to taste (I use a whole onion, chopped)
2 cans Ranch Style Beans-undrained
2 cans Rotel (chopped tomatoes and chilies)
2 cans minestrone soup
1 can beef broth (I use the beef cubes and make my own-I make one cup but I prefer my beef broth to be strong so I added extra to it)
salt and pepper to taste

Brown beef with onion. Add everything else. Put in your crockpot on low for 4 to 6 hours. I prefer this recipe with homemade crescent rolls.♥

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for a good Minestrone Soup. I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete