Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Veggie Kabobs

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law have been to visit this week!  It was awfully fun to see the kids play together and to hold their new sweet little one, Elise.  While they were here, I made Kathi cook some veggies, and she had a great way to cook some of my plentiful zucchini and summer squash.  Here's what she did...

Cut these into rough cubes:

zucchini
summer squash
red onion

Put them on skewers and season them with:

salt
pepper
garlic powder

Drizzle with oil.

Then pop them on the grill until they're done!  They were absolutely delicious.   We were using an indoor grill and the temperature wasn't quite high enough, so she finished them in the broiler.  I suppose you could pop them in the broiler to begin with if you don't mind the heat.  Using the kebabs sure amps up the visual appeal, too.  I think some grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes on, too would have been divine!  I'll try it again soon.  Thanks, Kathi!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, that sound really good. I think I have some skewers in the cabinet. We'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete