Monday, August 29, 2011

Feasting, 'Mexican' style

I've had a few requests for this meal that I sometimes make.  It's easy, but has lots of parts.  Here is the total synopsis, and I'll be posting the recipes over the next few days.  These are basically burritos with whatever you'd like to put in them.  Here is what we put in ours:

large tortillas
cilantro rice (recipe to follow later this week)
seasoned pinto beans (recipe to follow later this week)
seasoned grilled chicken (recipe to follow)
lettuce
Pico de gallo
cheddar or Mexican mix cheese
additional store-bought salsa

Sometimes instead of the cilantro rice, we'll make up some of this Easy Spanish Rice.  It sounds like a lot, I know, but is a very cheap, but very tasty feast.  Keep tuned in for the follow up recipes!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for these installments . . . it's the Kitchen version of installment stories!!!!

    ReplyDelete