Friday, August 19, 2011

Church Windows

I don't know about you, but this recipe brings back memories from childhood.  My Mom used to make these every now and then, and I remember being in awe at how beautiful they were.  They're also easy and cheap...my Mom is smart!

Try these out if you need a fast chocolate fix.  They also freeze well, so stash one in the freezer for unexpected entertaining, or, like I said, a fast chocolate fix.

Church Windows

1/2 cup butter or margarine
12 oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 large bag colored marshmallows
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped, optional

Melt butter and chocolate chips tegether, stirring constantly.  When melted, add marshmallows and nuts.  Shape into logs and wrap in wax paper to chill or freeze.  Slice to serve.  If desired, you can keep it as one large roll.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, that sound so cool! We'll have to try these.

    ReplyDelete