Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Blueberry Peach Crisp

As you can tell, there is still a supply of frozen peaches in my freezer.  I had thought about making peach pie, but wimped out when I thought of all the work of the crust.  Here was the happy alternative.  It was very yummy and summery, and most of all, easy.  Make sure you partially defrost and drain any frozen fruit you use.

Blueberry Peach Crisp

2 1/2 cups sliced peaches
2 cups blueberries
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick cooking or old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
Cinnamon whipped cream (recipe to follow tomorrow!)

Heat the oven to 375 degrees.  Grease the bottom and sides of a square pan with shortening.  Spread peaches and blueberries in the bottom of the pan and stir together to mix.  Mix remaining ingredients except cream; sprinkle over fruit.

Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender.  Serve with whipped cream.

adapted from Betty Crocker's Cookbook

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm . . . I love apple crisp, I bet I would love this too!

    ReplyDelete