Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cucmber Snacks

Hey, it's Christine again from thegoodthepureandthelovley.blogspot.com.  I have a burning question for you . . . Do you long for salty snacks?  At the same time, do you wish that you ate healthier?   I have the perfect solution for you , and it won't cost you much either.

You Need
Cucumber(s)
Water
Salt

Yep, that's it.  Peel and slice your cucumbers.  Place in a bowl and cover with cold water.  Salt generously.  I don't have a measurement.  I just threw in a few teaspoons until the water tasted salty.  Refrigerate until the craving for salty strikes.  Pull out those bad boys, and eat up. 

I love these, and they are a fantastic snack.  I grew up with my mom making these for snack and lunch often.   If you like the vinegar taste, you can exchange it for the salt.  These are a healthy substitute for chips and way more refreshing.  They are in season now, so they are quite reasonably priced.  If you happen to grow them in your garden, or have a gardening girl or guy for a friend, they are free for the picking!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! Another thing to try is making half and half water with white vinegar, and a little pepper to soak the cucumbers in.

    ReplyDelete