Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Barbecue Pork Shoulder Roast

As I've been looking through the recipes I've posted, I've realized that there aren't many meats on yet.  Granted, it's a pretty rare thing for us to have a really meat-heavy meal, but I do try to do a 'meat and potatoes' type of dinner at least once a week.  Here's what we're having tonight.  It's a crockpot recipe of my own, so it's a nice pick for these steamy summer days.

Barbecue Pork Shoulder Roast

2 to 4 lb. pork shoulder roast
1 can tomato soup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. parsley
1 Tbs. chili powder
1/2 cup vinegar
1 tsp. celery salt
1 tsp. garlic powder

Place roast in the crockpot on high.  Mix the remaining ingredients together.  Pour over the roast.  Cook on high 1 hour, then low 8 hours.  I like to flip the roast halfway through, but it's not necessary.  Shred any leftovers in the sauce for a pretty yummy pulled pork sandwich.

1 comment:

  1. I think my family would love this. I'm going to try this soon. When does pork shoulder usually go on sale?

    ReplyDelete