Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Peach Slushies

As you can tell, I am still on my mission to creatively use up the peaches.  I tried this out last night and it was really refreshing.  This is not a smoothie, it's a slushie...it's supposed to be light and icy, not like whipped up ice cream.  The vanilla really made the it seem kind of creamy.  If you want a little extra uummph, you could add in  a bit of Cool Whip or any left over whipped cream from the rustic peach tart you just made.  Freeze any leftovers for later, but of course if you have children there won't be any.

Peach Slushies

5 medium or 4 large ripe peaches, peeled and cut into chunks
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2-3 Tbs. sugar
10-12 ice cubes

Layer ingredients in the blender in this order and blend until smooth.  This amount makes 2 large slushies or 4 small ones.  Freeze any leftovers.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm . . . my hubby would like this. He did not like the smoothie that I made the other night. It had too much other fruit in it (blueberries and mango are not on his favs list). I'll have to try this for him (and, of course, me).

    ReplyDelete