Friday, June 10, 2011

Chocolate Berry Trifle

Yes, I was just talking about this, I know.  And yes, I'll probably be making this again very soon.  Why do I feel like I'm confessing? 

This is my wonderful husband's favorite dessert.  I usually make it with fresh raspberries, but it's versatile.  If you're more of a strawberry person, make it with strawberries.  It is full of chocolate wonderfulness and has the added bonus of being one of the prettiest desserts I make.  Try it out...you won't be disappointed.

Chocolate Berry Trifle

3 cups cold milk
2 small pkg. instant chocolate pudding
1 carton of Cool Whip, thawed, divided
1 baked 9" square brownie, cut into 1" cubes
2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries or strawberries

Pour milk into a large bowl.  Add pudding mixes.  Beat with a wire whisk for 2 minutes.  Gently stir in 1 cup Cool Whip.  Place half of the brownie cubes in a 2 quart serving bowl or trifle dish.  Top with half of the pudding mixture, half of the berries, and 1 cup Cool Whip.  Repeat layers.  Add some whole berries to the top for decoration, if desired.  Refrigerate 1 hour or until serving.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my sweet heavens, you have just thrown me into a vast state of chocolate longing. OK, my own confession, I was already there, but this really pushes me over the edge. Sounds wonderful. Tell your hubby to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete