Friday, May 27, 2011

Egg Casserole

Yes, yes, I know, everyone has had some type of egg casserole.  I really like this one, though, because it is easy and a little different.  It's a nice way to feed a crowd for breakfast or brunch, and it actually reheats pretty well also.  Hmmm...I haven't made this in a long time.  I think I'll go for it this next week!

Egg Casserole

7 eggs
8 hashbrown squares
4 cups cheese, grated
1 lb. bacon, browned
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dry mustard or 1 small squirt of regular mustard

Grease a 9 x 13 casserole dish.  Put hashbrowns on the bottom.  Crumble the bacon over the potatoes.  Sprinkle with the cheese.  Mix the eggs, salt, milk, and mustard, and pour on top of the other layered ingredients.  Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350 degrees.

2 comments:

  1. I'm always looking for a new breakfast casserole. This sounds yummy with the hashbrowns and bacon. I'm having company this weekend and I like something that I can just pop in the oven so I think I give it a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds yummy! We love breakfast casseroles.

    ReplyDelete