Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Egg and Cheese Biscuits

This is one of my hubby's favorites from childhood.  In fact, sometimes when we go visit his parents, my Mom-in-law still makes this for us as part of her buffet of fabulous eats.  Hers are magnificently amped up with bacon or sausage.  I rarely add that, because I'm a total cheapie, and I usually make this in a hurry.  It takes longer to brown up bacon, too, but if you're really nice like she is, you won't be lazy and you'll make yours glorious, too.

Egg and Cheese Biscuits

7-8 scrambled eggs
1 tube of biscuits or 1 batch of homemade biscuits
sliced cheese (or Velveeta if you're feeling particularly naughty)
bacon or sausage, cooked, optional

Bake up your biscuits and let them cool a minute.  Scramble your eggs, and prepare the other ingredients.  To assemble, split a biscuit in half, fill it with a spoonful of eggs, and top with cheese.  Add the bacon or sausage on top, and cover with the other half of the biscuit.

1 comment: