Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cocoa Crinkles

Part of my plan for blogging is actually remembering to give out recipes.  I figure it's easier to post it and make my friends do most of the work!  This one's for you, Nicole!

Cocoa Crinkles
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
3/4 cup cocoa powder
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (I always use unbleached)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Powdered sugar

Stir together sugar and oil in a large bowl; add cocoa, blending well.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.  Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl; add to cocoa mixture, blending well.  Cover; refrigerate at least 6 hours.

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease 2 large cookie sheets.

Shape dough into 1" balls; roll in powdered sugar.  Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.  Bake 12-14 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched.  Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.  Cool completely.

Adapted from Hershey's Classic Recipes

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm - I can smell the chocolate filled air drifting though my overactive imagination. Can't wait to try these.

    Love the new backround!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can already smell the chocolate! Yummy.
    - Brandon

    ReplyDelete